Buying a new bed is a long term investment. Considering the average lifespan of a mattress is around 7 years, it’s worth spending as much as you can afford to get a good quality, comfortable bed. Your bedroom is your haven, a place to escape from the stresses and strains of the outside world. Your choice of bed should ultimately provide you with a good night’s sleep with you waking up feeling refreshed and ready to face the world.
Our Top 10 Tips For Buying A New Bed
1. Decide upon your priorities and concerns in advance. For example what is your budget? Do you require storage? What size of bed can your bedroom accommodate? Are you fit to turn a mattress? How easy is it for you to get in and out of bed? Have you any health issues such as allergies or respiratory complaints?
2. When you visit us try a selection of beds for comparison before you buy and set aside enough time to do so properly so you can fully appreciate the differences.
3. Buy a bed that offers the correct support and comfort for your weight and build – not just firmness.
4. Wear comfortable clothing, remove any outdoor wear including your shoes and lie on each bed for quite a long time – at least 5 minutes. Lie in your normal sleep position and make some turns, too.
5. Shop together if the bed’s for two as you both need to feel comfortable.
6. Remember that a bed is a mattress and a base, don’t consider them in isolation.
7. Think big! Larger beds are more comfortable and being disturbed by a partner is one of the most common sleep complaints. With a larger bed you are less likely to disturb one another.
8. Check your bed's dimensions. Bed sizes are not standardised and even if they have the same name (eg King size) they may not be the same size. The depth of a new mattress may also be important if you are using a bedstead as your base.
9. Like everything in life, you get what you pay for in regards of both product and service so spend as much as you can afford
10. Bespoke sizes, with our excellent relationships with leading manufacturers we can quickly arrange for the manufacture and delivery of a custom sized bed to suit you or your home.